(**Please note: This class is reserved to persons who have native ancestry from the SWANA [aka Middle East and N. Africa] region- mixed ancestry included. Thank you for respecting this space.)
This extended ONLINE series is for SWANA* community to engage in embodied learning about our ancestral plants and their uses as medicinal and spiritual allies. Our ancestral plants carry the DNA of our homelands, of our ancestors, and resonate this memory with the truths that live deep inside our own bodies and hearts. We will work with this relationship to access deeply held wisdom, revitalize lost bodies of knowledge, and re-establish relationship to ourselves, our ancestors, and the resilience and medicine available through being in conscious relationship with our plantcestors. Each participant will receive a package of SWANA native plant medicines to work with through the course of our class together. Experiential relationship with the plantcestors will be emphasized and facilitated through the duration of the class.
In this class we will:
* Develop the fundamental tools to work with plants as medicinal and spiritual allies
* Practice and learn tools to communicate with our medicines
* Learn traditional principles and ethical practice around harvesting, medicine making, and more
* Gain & generate experiential, folk, and medicinal knowledge about several plants native to the SWANA region
* Deepen relationship with our ancestors and ourselves
* Learn how to better connect to our own internal wisdom, intuition, and the cues of the natural & spiritual worlds to support our day-to-day lives and healing
* Learn to make medicine
* Contribute to strengthening the knowledge and practice of our SWANA plantcestral traditions
* Receive a package of SWANA plantcestral medicines to work, heal, and learn with at home
* Explore and revitalize traditional ways of healing ourselves and our communities
* Take a personal journey into the plantcestral realm with the support of a safe community
- This online class is a small group and is conducted via live video conference calling, and requires live attendance and participation each class (must have access to internet/camera or audio & google hangouts to participate- can download for free). Homework will be assigned each week and participants should be prepared to spend a little time (at least 10 mins, ideally 30 mins) each day with the medicines/material in between classes.
- A package of medicines will be sent to you via mail for you to work with through the course of our class.
- Class will meet every other Tuesday through March and on one SATURDAY in April (special timing for this class listed below). Time of Tuesday classes will be 5:30-8pm PST/ 8:30-11pm EST:
Tues, January 24
Tues, February 7
Tues, February 21
Tues, March 7
Tues, March 21
* During this 1 month break, participants will engage in an intensive relationship building process with 1 plant. I will offer guidance and support via short video and online teachings, as well as be available for 1-on-1 support on the assignment through this time.
Saturday, April 22, 10:30am-1:30pm PST/ 1:30pm-4:30pm EST
FEE EXCHANGE: $333 (includes all teachings plus medicine package mailed to your home to work with through the course.)
Fill out this application to register.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 3, 2017 Non-refundable deposit of $168 due by this date, as well as the application above.
Send registration deposit to cash.me/$RiverRose.
*Minimum of 7 participants needed, maximum of 9 to make this class possible.