ONLINE 5-class series | January 14 - March 18, exact time TBD| $333
(**Please note: This class is reserved to persons who have native ancestry from the SWANA [aka Middle East and N. Africa] region- mixed ancestry included. Thank you for respecting this space.)
Good folks, many of you have been requesting and asking for another one of these series to come up. I haven’t offered one for a year and I’m not sure when I will again, so join us for this chance while it is here!
This extended ONLINE series is for SWANA* community to engage in embodied learning about our ancestral plants and their uses as medicinal and spiritual allies. Our ancestral plants carry the DNA of our homelands, of our ancestors, and resonate this memory with the truths that live deep inside our own bodies and hearts. We will work with this relationship to access deeply held wisdom, revitalize lost bodies of knowledge, and re-establish relationship to ourselves, our ancestors, and the resilience and medicine available through being in conscious relationship with our plantcestors. Each participant will receive a package of SWANA native plant medicines to work with through the course of our class together. Experiential relationship with the plantcestors will be emphasized and facilitated through the duration of the class.
In this class we will:
* Develop fundamental tools to work with plants as medicinal and spiritual allies
* Practice and learn tools to communicate with our medicines and our internal selves
* Engage in a process of personal healing through building relationship with plantcestral allies and witnessing each other
* Learn traditional principles and ethical practice around harvesting, medicine making, and more
* Gain & generate experiential, folk, and medicinal knowledge about several plants
* Deepen relationship with our ancestors and ourselves
* Learn how to better connect to our own internal wisdom, intuition, and the cues of the natural & spiritual worlds to support our day-to-day lives and healing
* Contribute to strengthening the knowledge and practice of our SWANA plantcestral traditions, cosmologies, and ways of knowing
* Receive a package of SWANA plantcestral medicines to work, heal, and learn with at home
* Explore and revitalize traditional ways of healing ourselves and our communities
* Take a personal journey into the plantcestral realm with the support of a safe community
- This online class is a small group and is conducted via live video conference calling, and requires LIVE ATTENDANCE and participation each class (must have access to internet/camera or audio & google hangouts to participate- can download for free). Homework will be assigned each week and participants should be prepared to spend a little time (at least 10 mins, ideally 30 mins) each day with the medicines/material in between classes.
- A package of medicines will be sent to you via mail for you to work with through the course of our class.
- The foundation of this class is based on the cultivation of your own experiential personal relationship with the plantcestral allies we will be working with. This often opens up deeper healing processes. Participants must be willing and available to this process. The group and facilitator are here to support thru each step of the way. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask.
- Class will meet for 5 sessions from mid-January - mid-March. Exact time and dates of the class will be determined based on the group's schedule. Answer registration form questions to include your own needs, timezone, and preferences so that we can determine this ASAP please.
FEE EXCHANGE: $333 (includes all teachings plus medicine package mailed to your home to work with through the course.)
Fill out this application to register: https://goo.gl/forms/rGKFQtYN7U95HJvy1
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: The application form is a confirmation of your intention to participate in the class and MUST be submitted by December 27, 2018 with an email to me informing me of your intent to register. Since it is holiday season, I am extending the paid non-refundable deposit of $111 to January 6. But PLEASE NOTE that submitting the application form and being accepted is a COMMITMENT to following through with complete payment and participation in the class. Space is limited and I am not able to give any refunds (please reach out to me personally if you need a payment plan or an alternative arrangement).
Send registration deposit to paypal.me/riverrose (friends and family option, please).
Help us find each other: PLEASE SHARE with SWANA friends and community who would enjoy or benefit from such a circle.